My fellow comicphiles, attend as we discuss Superman in the book of Action Comics, chapter 1024, verses 1-32! The House of Kent part 3!
The official plot:
“The city of Metropolis has been rocked by Luthor’s latest attack and the drama surrounding Superman’s truth, and that gives the invisible mafia a new foothold to change the City of Tomorrow forever. Meanwhile, the Daily Planet is under siege! The fallout from Superman: Villains continues as Clark Kent steps out into the world as a reporter for the first time.”DC Comics
Almost all of this is untrue. Only “Meanwhile, the Daily Planet is under siege!” is correct…and the siegers are the FBI!!!
- What is good: The story is way better than the stupid PR blurb above! The “Invisible Maffia” steps it up a notch and straight up murders one of Superman’s new friends and damn does it affect him. By the end, Big Blue has rounded up all of the “super” members of the Kent family (Connor Kent too!) and they have murder in their eyes!
- What isn’t so good: The artwork. Sorry Mr. Romita Jr. your style isn’t all that great. Especially the sudden emotional collapse, what were you thinking?
- Superman (Kal-El/Clark Kent)
- Superboy (Jonathan ‘Jon’ Samuel Kent)
- Supergirl (Kara Zor-El/Kara Danvers)
- Superboy (Kon-El/Conner Kent)
- Red Cloud (Robinson Goode)
- Character Death: Deputy Fire Chief Melody Moore (off panel)
Bottom Line: 4 Stars!
You’ve got to love a pissed off Superman! Go look for parts 1 & 2…and get on board.