It has been written “For behold, I am sending among you serpents, adders that cannot be charmed, and they shall bite you.” Damned if they didn’t end up in the book of Something is Killing the Children, chapter 10, verses 1-32!
The official plot:
“When Erica’s handler forces a confrontation on the street of Archer’s Peak, Erica must decide where her loyalties lie-to her employers, or to the people who need her?”BOOM!
That’s a little bit of a mash-up really. That handler, he is really a dick, but the confrontation has nothing to do with him. Once it happens though, there really isn’t much decision making going on…it’s sort of a fight-or-flight thing.
- A little character development for Erika…nice to see them adding some dimension to her.
- Aaron, by the book and towing the company line, represents a great foil for our protagonist. I hope that he somehow survives.
- Visually the book is inconsistent…the more important the character, the better they look…and vice versa.
- Mature content incoming!!!!
- Erika takes a stand
- Aaron dies…pretty sure he’s not coming back from that…
- Everyone else is on the menu
Bottom Line: 3 Stars!
This issue is a bridge between action scenes. It’s not bad, but it really isn’t all that impactful (in the grand scheme of things). However…it does go for a little shock value. (If you don’t believe me, you must have missed the picture above.) In the end, this is a set up for what feels like a rather messy confrontation. If you’re not reading this series, I question your nerd-worthiness!