Red Mother #8, The Box is Open
Fear the many deceivers that have gone out into the world!” Trust not those who hide their true intentions! Save yourself by learning from the book of the Red Mother, chapter 8, verses 1-32!
Only a cult member or spy would have this much inside info, on which side does Jeremy Haun stand?
What about you Danny Luckert? Are you one of the converted, or are you a spy?
The official plot:
“Daisy always suspected that Leland Black had ulterior motives in hiring her, but when the truth finally comes out, Daisy could never have expected how far his reach goes. What does Leland have planned for Daisy-and what does it have to do with the Red Mother?”BOOM!
This is not exactly how I remember things going down in this issue. Yes Leland is a bad dude…he’s involved in the puzzle box, so that’s a given. However, this solicitation makes it seem like Daisy has been investigating the cult and just found a major piece of the puzzle. She’s not and she hasn’t.
- It’s all about the mystery: I just can’t NOT read this. When I see this in my sub box, it immediately goes to the top of my reading list.
- Visuals (pun intended): Creepy both paranormally and psychologically. Perfect for the story. (Note that I didn’t say pretty.)
- Addicting: Yes…who/what is this cult? What do they want? What is the creepy monster thing that Daisy keeps seeing? Why isn’t she questioning her own sanity? Do they still have her original eye? The list of questions really doesn’t end…
- Daisy opens the puzzle box! (Think Hellraiser)
- Even more people (all of them I think) are revealed to be part of the cult!
Bottom Line: 4 Stars!
Alright, look…this is psychological horror, and it’s effective. It sucks you in! In the first issue, Daisy loses her boyfriend and her eye in a brutal attack (possibly supernatural). The rest is pure suspense and mystery. There’s no way you’re not going to want to know what comes next.