Brothers and Sisters! There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, who intend to devour us in our sleep! Heed then, the warnings of Wolverine, chapter 5, verses 1-32!
The official plot:
“In the snowbound darkness of the north, Wolverine is the prisoner of Dracula. By forming an unlikely alliance, Logan fights back. Stakes, claws, tricked-out snowmobiles and wintry mayhem await you.”Marvel Comics
Wolverine versus vampires…so yeah, Marvel’s description is on point. Meaning there’s not much of a plot…but it’s violent and pretty, so I bought it anyway.
- Growl, snarl, snikt, stab! Nuff said!
- Sorry Mr. Silvestri, I think Bogdanovic has elevated himself to my favorite Wolverine artist. There is no doubt that bold expressions and confident lines set a great tone for a book that’s basically “The Lost Boys” with a twist.
- Crossover Dependency: Thankfully, none. Thus far the Wolverine title has kept itself mostly separate from the mega X-Men behemoth. Feel free to jump in any time.
- Wolverine (Logan / James Howlett)
- Omega Red (Arkady Gregorivich Rossovich)
- Dracula (Vlad Tepes | Marvel)
- Final page Fortnite crossover
Bottom Line: 3 Stars!
Pissed off Wolverine…you’ve got to love this! Good, bloody, wholesome violence. With vampires. There’s even a throwaway reason for them to have come after our favorite Canadian. Don’t you dare pretend you wanted some drama from this title!